Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Anne's Kilimanjaro Climb





OR

You can send payment by check in any amount payable to: KiliClimb

Mail to:
Republic Bank Az
 909 E. Missouri Ave Phoenix, AZ 85014-2650

~Funds received for this project will be audited at regular intervals.

My Name is Anne Lorimor, I am about to set a World Record climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro to benefit disadvantaged kids.

People say I’m crazy.  An 85 year old great-grandmother intending to climb the tallest mountain in Africa?

They’re right.  I’m crazy to see every child get the hand up they deserve while inspiring seniors and all generations to seek and experience new adventures.

The climb is scheduled for July, 2015.  This site has links to follow the progress of training, documentation of the Guinness World Record, and opportunities for giving.  My goal in funding this climb also has a direct impact on funding my charity for children.

I have challenged myself to meet some pretty lofty goals, and I challenge followers of this adventure to give a hand up to homeless, foster, orphan and disadvantaged kids through my Challenge Youth Fund which I began in 2004 and will leave as my legacy for generations of kids to have opportunities to reach their full potential and, in turn, make a difference in the world.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anne!
    I met you last night at Kathy Bee's Wellness Seminar. It was wonderful to meet you and an honor to have my photo taken with you. Next Weds., I will honor my commitment card and make my donation to this wonderful fund. You are an inspiration and a blessing. Please do email me if you are ever in Burbank and would like to meet for tea! writermarguerite@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne....!
    Congratulations for climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro, 30 kilometers from my home, village.

    www.issangya-books.com
    www.tanzania.johntext.de

    ReplyDelete